One thing I have found really cool to do with MSG Evolver (& Studio Artist, natch) is when I am designing an MSG preset in Evolver, and I add a Temporal Generator to a processor, is to put a large prime number in the TG. I like to set the TG to "sin" mostly although Triangle, Ramp, etc are all cool too. When you put several different large prime numbers in the various TGs, it gives the effect a very interesting and appealing graceful, almost organic movement, especially with "sin". The higher numbers slows down the effect and makes it smoother and less abrupt or jerky. Generating movies directly out of Evolver with a preset designed with lots of prime number TGs is super cool and using them in Studio Artist in various ways is great too.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You're right, prime numbers are a great way to get continuously changing animation that doesn't cycle repeat.

Are there any additional temporal modulators you would like to see us add? I've been meaning to beef them up.

The other idea we're kicking around is adding TG support for generic parameters in Studio Artist itself, for example things like the paint synthesizer controls.
    • "The other idea we're kicking around is adding TG support for generic parameters in Studio Artist itself, for example things like the paint synthesizer controls."

Yes, that sounds great! Anything you want to add as far as temporal modulators go is great! Also OSC! Please!!!
This reply was deleted.