John could you please expand on gradients & palletes?

Hi John, I have been trying to use the gradients and palletesin MSG Evolver bus streams but I can't seem to get it right and I always get "error beeped" at. Can you please give some rather detailed examples of how to correctly use gradientsand palletes in Evolver?

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you get the beep it means a bus stream was incorrectly hooked up, it beeps to let you know and is supposed to be smart about not connecting it. Ideally the Bus popup should be smart and deselect options that don't match, but they don't right now. So, if you get the beep, you are doing something like trying to hookup a gradient stream to an image io port (or vice versa).

Lets use the 1to3GradMap processor, which takes 1 image stream and a gradient stream as inputs and then gradient maps the input image stream to 3 rgb output image streams. the IO ports are ( In, Gradient, OutR, OutG, OutB ). You would need to hook up the Gradient input IO port to one of the gradient Bus Streams. and the image io ports would need to be hooked up to one of the image io streams. when you start up evolver the default msg preset uses this processor, so you can look at it to see how its hooked up.
    • Thanks John that helps!
  • I have been looking in the manual and I am still not clear on the correct way to use gradients and palletes un the bus streams.
This reply was deleted.