Expanding the Attractor Visual Palette

We've been adding a lot of new chaotic attractor features for version 4. But i did want to mention one technique i've been exploring recently that is useful. By using additional processing you can work with the typical attractor field of points to build soft shapes. The easiest way to do this is to filter the attractor output with something like the ISEFBlurFilter processor. The various processors that have ChaosGen in their names are examples of chaotic attractors. This image below was generated using only the IkedaChaosGen1 MSG processor. 3 different instances of the IkedaChaosGen1 processor were used for the 3 color channels. ISEFBlurFilter was used to soften the point cloud into more of a soft shape, that was then gradient processed and force palette mapped. Another technique is to composite together different instances of the softened attractors and then route that as a single channel image to whatever color mapping approach you are using in your msg preset.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ForceColorMap and SmoothColorMap are the 2 MSG processors you can use to do the color mapping of a color image based on one or more color palettes.
This reply was deleted.