Thought people might be interested in this so i'm passing the information along.
The second edition of Punto y Raya (Dot & Line), which has earned the title of "most abstract festival in the world", will take place from November 25th to 29th 2009 at ARTS SANTA MÒNICA (Barcelona), with no entry fee.
the trailer is here
The Opening Ceremony will take place on November 25th at 8.00 pm with the curators, jurors, national and international artists in competition, pyrformers and many others... We'll then continue with the screening of "The Best of Punto y Raya Festival 2007" (for the first time in Barcelona!) and to conclude, cocktail party! ;)
The activities include:
1. Screenings of the 2009 Official Competition
2. Screenings of the Retrospective Section: "Larry Cuba and other classics" in 16 mm., curated by the iotaCenter in Los Angeles and introduced by Larry Cuba in person.
3. Conference by Sergi Valverde: “Complex Networks: The Architecture of Life”
4. PyRformances by Alba G. Corral + Nikka; Texas Sci-Fi, Vj Dima and Telenoika Feedback Experience.
5. Workshops for 9 to 12 year-old children, by Laboratorium.
6. Workshops for adults: “Dot·line Experimentation: from the WHAT to the HOW” by our PyRformers. Bring your tools -either analogic or digital- for the realization of dot·line films.
7. Installation: “L’Orquestra dels Luthiers Drapaires” by Telenoika
8. Installation: "enRED" by Anita García
9. Installation and Performance featuring the resulting works from the workshops carried out by Fashion Design students at IED Barcelona.
10. Award Ceremony and Round Table: on Sunday 29th at 7.00 pm, Closing Ceremony with the presence of various national and international artists taking part in the official competition.
The web site is here