Evolver Session File for Wavy Tile Pattern

Here's the Session file from creating the Wavy Tile Pattern Animation. It includes my personal favorite symmetry settings for Tile mode. 1) import the Session into Evolver 2) Switch mode to Tiling 3) click the turn on tile button From there I just used Process>Generate Movie>From current MSG Hit Command 1 to open the Process Chain Editor. There are three temporal generators on the Spatial component of the Advanced Turbulance module. (AdvTurb) Click the expand triangles to see this stuff. If you want to slow down the motion, increase the values in the increment text boxes. If you want to stop the lines from rotating (say, to keep it so it's a diamond pattern) delete the TG on the angle parameter. To change the shape and look of the wavy lines, go down to the Generate component of the AdvTurb module and start playing around with sliders. Save the MSG or Export the Session when you find something cool. Incidentally to attach the bit of music to this, I used Quicktime Pro. I took a midi file I created in a sequencer, used Quicktime to export that to an aiff. Then opened the aiff and selected the 17 seconds I wanted. Then switch over to the movie (also open in QT Pro) select all, then from the edit menu I selected "add to selection & scale." Then export that movie to an avi for upload to ning.

Tile Patterns.zip

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –