Sharing a set of Paint Synth Presets that are all about making huge vector messes I have been calling "generative art" that are a blast to work with. These may be partly repeated from a previous post.

CD_new_2024.zip

Also in the set are several drawing painting presets (randomly dispersed as the naming is not at all sensible) that are entirely vector - but create various kinds of textured looks and mix to some degree with other colors (see attached jpeg):

12432589867?profile=RESIZE_710x

Hopefully NING here allows the post!

Cheers.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Super cool, thank you Craig! I have enjoyed playing with your previous vector presets. I had never really got into the vector paint part of Studio Artist before you posted those.

• I'd been interested in the vector tools originally for the scalability, exportability and usability across other applications.

SA however has some really unique features in the vector paint tools that allow for what John D. has called “wet mix” in the past. Vector art in traditional apps (Adobe stuff, Inkscape, Affinity Design, plenty of others…) has no wet mix aspect. And very little dynamic drawing - the way most of the "generative art" I have been posting shows. real time combinations of layered effects, transparency, mixing of color etc... I would love to see the vector paint aspect of SA bloom.

At any rate - I have had a lot of fun fiddling with the Paint Synth dials for vector and found loads of nice effects that have stretched my - uh - “surface” look artistic boundaries quite a bit. Far beyond what I might do with those other developers art tools.

Glad some of the presets find a use - even as just a staring point, for other artists.

• One more silly generative image for the heck of it!

12432590097?profile=RESIZE_930x

This reply was deleted.