Studio Artist V5 MSG Processors List

A full list of all of the MSG processors included with V5 of Studio Artist (644 in all) can be found in the 'Src' tab of the MSG Advanced Editor.  In order to find which ones are new with V5, I compared that list with the V4 list (568 processors) in its MSG editor, and extracted the names of the 76 new ones--see the attached list plus the brief sample below:  

1C Abstract2A

1C Abstract7Mod

1C Delaunay6

1C DiamondFigure

1C DiamondFigureTile

1C Grid Mod

1C NineBlock

1C NineBlock1

1C NineBlockTile

As far as I know, the current V5 release doesn't include any MSG presets that use any of these V5 processors.  (There are 9 new V5 MSG presets out of the over 10,600 total, but they just use V4 processors).

So, John, when you created these new V5 processors, presumably you tested them with some basic presets you made that included them?  If so, it would be very helpful if you could post these, or at least some of the more interesting ones, so that we can try out more of the new processors for ourselves.  (And thanks again for the few that you have recently explained in detail, in this forum along with links to others).

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Appreciate this list. Is there a full list of all processors anywhere? And is there any documentation of what each processor and their parameters do? Thanks!

• If you look in the doc folder inside your main Studio Artist folder there is a msgprocessor folder with some documentation on some of the older processors.  Rather than extend that out, i think we're going to try and make the program itself auto-generate that kind of stuff.   So the program would then be self documenting. 

We're at over 650 MSG processors at this point in V5.5.5, and it continues to climb in V6.

I've been meaning to post some new MSG tutorials here on the users forum, so if you run into anything specific you want info on, feel free to post questions.

This reply was deleted.