Embedding Bezier Paths in a PASeq

A really cool Studio Artist 3.5 feature is the ability to embed a complete bezier path frame into a single auto-paint step. You also have the ability to keyframe the internal bezier path memory in the paint synthesizer using PASeq keyframes. What this means is that a complete interpolated animation can be defined automatically from a set of bezier keyframes. You also have the ability to generate a set of bezier keyframes automatically from a PASeq. So, you could use a PASeq action step that generate bezier paths from the source image edges to automatically generate a complete set of bezier paths for a set of source image keyframes. And you could then automatically turn that set of bezier keyframes into a single paseq action step that generates the complete bezier path animation using the paint preset of your choice. Another application is to free sketch a series of paintings and then use these features to generate an animated movie that interpolates from one sketch to another. And all the work to generate the animation is done for you automatically, all you have to do is concentrate on the sketching. I'm archiving a link here to a current forum discussion on Embedding Bezier Paths in a PASeq for future tutorial reference. The discussion there talks in more detail about the features i described above. There is also an older tutorial blog entry available here that talks a little about embedding paths and sequential keyframing. Including some movie examples if you don't understand what we are talking about.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.