'Santa' Presets

Someone asked about the paint presets i used in the Santa image i posted recently here. It was some simple edited versions of the same presets i used for this image. I put together a small set of presets that are close to what i used to make these 2 images. you can download them from the attached file to this post. After decompressing the zipped folder i would suggest you place the SantaPaintPresets folder in the Preset:User folder in your studio artist 3.5 main folder. Or you can always drag the presets to the studio artist icon in the dock to open them, or you can use file;import:paint preset to open them as well. these particular presets are more about the fractal texture created by the paint than 3D lighting. the 3D lighted effect i got in the santa painting probably has more to do with how i combined together different painted layers, although as the brush size gets smaller from Santa1 to Santa2 toSanta3 you can see that the paint does start to have some depth. i used a really, really small source image for the santa painting, so some of the curvyness in the final painted image actually comes as an artifact of using a really,really, small source image.

SantaPaintPresets.zip

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –