PASeq for video feedback

Ok, here's a simple paseq that you can use to generate video feedback. This replicates the first effect shown in the BalmerVideoFeedback movie example. IF you play with the msg preset use din the paseq in evolver you can make a million variations. I used the 3CRotateScale processor in version 4. This isn't in 3.5, so you need to use the 3CRotateScale processor, which just has one rotation scale transformation. The 3CRotateScale3 processor has 3 different rotation-scale transformations. You can lock the first 2's parameters to the default if you only want to work with one transformation, which is probably a smart idea when getting started.

feedbackEx1.zip

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanks john, once i realized they were paseqs like u said and not msg presets they worked fine. i remember when i came across paeqs that used the canvas while i was studying them. these are fun.
    • In the msg control panel in studio artist you want to choose the option to process the canvas rather than the source if you are doing this kind of thing.

After running some of these i realized that it would be cool to have an option to route both the source and the canvas into a msg preset and have access to both. you could build things that worked this way in a paseq obviously, but in the future it would be cool to have that option in msg directly.
  • Here's another PASeq that uses interactive warp functions (as opposed to a msg processor) in studio artist 3.5 to generate a feedback warp like the first sequence in the video.

feedbackWarpEx1.zip

This reply was deleted.