World of Studio Artist news

It occurred to me today that what I'd really like is a "World of Studio Artist" news and events feed, or since there is already a weblog for Synthetik which has product news (I think), perhaps all that is needed to get further on this is a Studio Artist user announcement channel. If a fellow SA artist in my region had a show, I'd really want to know about it as that would pop to the top of my art show priority list. This could include advance announcement of events such as the Visual Music Marathon, new user presets available somewhere, or any other event or news (such as a book on Studio Artist) which is connected to Studio Artist in some way. It doesn't seem like there's too much stuff that this would be overwhelming. I know http://studioartist.blogspot.com/ has some items, but I'm thinking many of the items I might want to know about may not percolate to the top of the relevance heap to make it on http://studioartist.blogspot.com/, or the blog author may be on vacation, etc. Usually the artist is the one who is most motivated to post announcements ahead of the event rather than afterwards. One of the things that inhibits searching for such items on a site like Google News is the non-unique nature of the phrase "Studio Artist". Maybe to keep the overhead low, there could just be a discussion here dedicated to announcements for future events. b

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13