I have been using a technique with Region Selections that helps me a lot and thought I would pass it on to everyone. It's a "retouching" method. If there is an area on an image that I want to match another area, I mask it and then feather the edges of the region mask. I then go to warp, use translate and then apply the mask. With the mask On I drag the image within the opened area of the mask to get a texture or color that I want next to another adjacent area. I take the mask off to see if I get what I was looking for. If it isn't I undo and redo it till I get what I want. It's a great, simple way to get areas to match up seamlessy or even repeat parts of an image. I hope this is clear for everyone. Paul

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's clear, although I don't mask/feather often enough in SA (compared to Photoshop) to remember how to do it. But I do have the video training, so I guess it's time to review them.

Thanks for sharing,

be
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13