msg movies

so i can see the view from my isight camera on one of the 16 evolver squares, thats fine i can mess with that, and the latency isnt too bad. but when i try, -process-processmovie-with current MSG- the big canvas view comes up and the movement is very jumpy. when i look at the QT movie i have made its gone in a millisecond ....can anyone help?how do i capture the sort of moving image i am seeing on the small evolver grid?

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It will run slower the bigger the canvas image you are working with. And the speed will depend on what MSG processors you are using. Some will run in real time for a video size canvas, others will run slower. It's also a function of what machine you are running it on.

You might want to check your movie compression settings and see what the frame rate there is. The movie you generate will playback at that frame rate that is set there (for the # of frames you wrote out).
    • thankyou for that, it seems to work. i presume that when i have created a quicktime movie at a low resolution the best way to be able to blow it up is to load it back in at a bigger canvas size and reprocess?
      • That would be one approach. Another would be to process a source movie at the higher res. You could capture the iSight footage first and then process out of real time. Depending on what you are doing. If you are doing something more interactive then that approach might not work, but for other things it might be effective.

I'm always looking for MSG processors to speed up, so feel free to mention any you you'd like to see run faster.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13