Replies

• You can pass through the sound from the source to the processed video if you are using the studio artist 3.5.3 beta. Any 3.5 users are welcome to the 3.5.3 beta if they are working with sound via techsupport@synthetik.com.

Otherwise, you can add the sound back to the processed video in whatever nonlinear video editor you are using. iMovie, Final Cut, etc. You copy and paste the audio from the source to the processed video.
    • Thanks John. I will email tech support.

Rondan
    • Hi John.

(Good to know about the beta version. Would you recommend this version or is it better to wait a little longer?)

Independent from the 3.5.3 beta, what happen if you change the compression settings and frame rates? Like for example if your source is PAL or NTSC and the settings for the processed final film is any kind of progressive format as 720p24.
      I could dump the sound from the original project into the same settings I use for SA, and then bring it together at the end. But what if I have lots of sound tracks and I want to mix the sound at the very end with the material coming out of SA?

Best, Frank
      • I'd like to release it soon so it would be better for people to wait unless they really need to use it so we don't end up getting swamped with requests twice for updates. There's one other thing i'd like to get into it before the update release.

Yes, if you change the frame rate the sound will no longer synch. That's one reason why i resisted adding sound pass though for so long. Changing the compression type shoudl not change the audio timing unless the frame rate or frame skip changes.

You could use a time compression/expansion audio algorithm to synch it again, but that's something to use a specialized audio program for. Ableton's Live is great at that particular thing for example. It would also be good for building and mixing a sound track with multiple audio tracks. The latest Live version support a quicktime track so you can do sound composition for video.

Apple has the Soundtrack app. Or you could use any of the sequencer packages. I personally prefer LIve but there are lots of different options.
  • Thanks for the info, Ben.
    I don't have QT Pro yet, but your suggestion seems to be a very practical solution.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13