SA will not open its friggin main window... grr...

Hello, I have a simple question which might not be SA related, as it could be my computer buggering up somehow. -When I begin SA, I select a new source image, but none of my media will open at all. -The program seems to stop, as it doesn't open the image (or clip) and just idles. -I check (cmd+opt+esc) to see what's up, and SA is active, but totally unresponsive. -None of the preferences or menu commands seem to help. I am not really a new user, though it is my first time posting. I have about a year's SA experience and this is the first time things have gone awry in this way. Any help would be great, thanks so much. this_is_sash@hotmail.com if an e-mail works best.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's possible you have a bad preference file for some reason. Try removing your Studio Artist preference files before launching. The are located in /Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ and could include the files StudioArtistSettings and SArtistPref and the StudioArtist.plist file for your version of studio artist. Drag these files into the trash and then start up studio artist.

As a test it's also a good idea to try opening one of the images in the folder 'a few source images' we provide with studio artist to make sure there isn't a problem with the particular image you are trying to open (large or perhaps a raw camera format?).
    • Unfortunately, I am opening old work files, so I don't know why it's not jiving. They're just normal jpegs & movs. After deleting the files you mentioned I tried running it again, though I didn't reboot. Anyways, it hasn't worked, I might just reinstall once I get my disk back from my coworker.

Thanks for the quick reply!
  • This turned out to be an easier trouble than seemed... the last setup of this computer had a second screen, and so studio artist was nestled just out of sight, and I had never cycled through the windows until just a while ago... duh.

anyways, the advice you sent will be remembered. thanks!
    • Glad the issue was that simple. Yes, you do need to be aware of second windows if you used them in the pst since studio artist saves the last state of your windows and palettes in it's settings file and then reuses those positions the next time you run the application. You can import the default workspace preset to reset all of that if you ever run into trouble, so that's another thing to keep in mind for troubleshooting in the future. The default workspace presets resets all the windows to be small and positioned on the main monitor, its the default configuration you see the very first time you start up studio artist.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13