tween morph?

hi, i have created a short QT movie using a PAS, the movie compression was set to DV PAL, at 25 fps. I have tried processing it with the tween morph option by creating "1" new cell between frames in order to stop the jittery nature of it and smooth it out.(still with the same movie compression) When the film is processed it changes from a 14 sec movie to 5 mins..and therefore impossibly slow..it doesnt really play at all.And isnt recognised by FCPro. What am i doing wrong? I am sure its something simple. thanks

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd suggest doing a 'save copy of canvas movie as' command when you are done with the tween processing (as opposed to doing a 'save canvas movie' command. Also, make sure the fps setting in the movie compression preferences dialog is setup correctly.

Any processing or frame manipulation you do to a loaded canvas movie creates new frame images that need to be saved in the quicktime file media track. These single frame images need to be saved with an uncompressed codec when we do the internal movie edits. So if you do just a save you end up with a movie with mixed compression types internal for the encoded frames. When you do a save copy menu command, then the entire movie is recompressed with whatever compression codec you have setup in your movie compression preferences.

Quicktime has internal bugs if we try and match the original codec for inserted single frames, we need to use an uncompressed frame format for our single frame insertions. So while the save movie command is useful while you are working, ultimately you should do a save a copy command for your edited movie when you are finished, especially if you plan to use that movie in other programs. It wasn't an issue many years ago, but as the number and complexity of compression codecs supported in quicktime has increased, we started seeing situations where the internal quicktime editing api's don't work properly when mixing compression types.

You should also check your movie compression preferences to make sure you have the correct frame rate setup, because if that is not correct then you could change the timing of the movie.

I just ran some tests and things are working correctly for me here when i tested tween morph. If you are still having issues if you want to email a short test source movie you are having problems with to techsupport@synthetik.com we can take a look at it.
    • thanks,
      i will give it a try.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13