'Batch processing?'

Okay, so I want to stitch a folder of images into a video clip without any effects. This seems easy enough, so I thought to use the 'Process Image Folder...With PASeq' command, with 'Set Layer to Source Image' as the only step in the stack. ... is there a way that affords more control over the output? I'd like to retime the images so that each frame is held for longer during the render. Is there an option to do this kind of thing, or is it more the territory of a compositing program like Final Cut? Thanks for any input.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can set the frames per second (fps) of the output movie to be whatever you want it to be. When you set up your movie compression codec settings (File : Preferences : Movie Compression), you can set the frames per second field in the dialog to be whatever you want it to be. Making this value smaller will increase the duration of each frame in the output movie.
  • A low low tech approach:

In the Finder select all the images in the folder in question. Select Duplicate from the File menu. Repeat as necessary. Process that with SA.

Most Macs these days come with iMovie. There are "how do I create a slideshow" tutorials all over the internet. It seems like there isn't much that you can't do with Studio Artist if you're creative enough, but programs like iMovie seem to be built for stitching frames together.
    • Also if you have QuickTime Pro (and you MUST... it's worth the $29) you can "OPEN IMAGE SEQUENCE" from the FILE menu... point to a folder of numbered images, and set the FPS. Boom.

~vi
      • Thanks for the help, these are all useful suggestions.
This reply was deleted.

This forum closing - my attempt to keep things going

Hi Guys,So I have setup a forum here:http://www.sawberry.com/bbs/It links to the archive stuff. Plus allows posting on the threads which mirror the threads here.In a few days this forum will close so this is my attempt to keep things archived and also allow the community to continue.The way it is setup makes it difficult to search but i'm working on that in the meantime. The basic is to preserve the knowledge from this site and search will come later just i have a day job also so I can only get…

Read more…
0 Replies