Is there a nomal mode layer like as a photoshop?

hello! I wonder how to use the normal mode layer( just transparncy) in studio artist. and can i use overay or screen mode like as a photoshop? ps. I'm not good at english, sorry for my wrong expression or sentance. SA is a most beautiful graphic program i have ever seen!!

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes. What you want to do is use the 'replace' composite option, and then use the numeric control next to the composite popup to adjust the layer transparency. You will notice that all the transparency numerics default to 100%.

You will also need to have the View popup set to 'All Layers' to see an effect, since when the View is set to 'Current Layer' you are just looking at the current layer only so there is no compositing taking place.
    layerEx2.jpg

The term compositing refers to an algorithm that takes 2 different images as input and outputs one 'composited' image. So what you are referring to as 'mode' we are referring to as 'composite' in studio artist. Some of the specific compositing operations in studio artist are similar to ones in other programs but there are some unique ones as well.
  • Thanks for your detailed explanation. I think understanding of the uniqe of SA is the first step to learn this tool rapidly. Studio Artist seems to be a tree have a lot of branches. and incredible thing is each one of branches grow up to the uniqe way.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13