how to mirror the 2nd nib?

just another stupid question: i'm painting with two nibs with a wide spread in interactive multipaintmode. I can't find the settings to mirror the 2nd nib, (also I wanna do directly, interactive kaleidoscope-drawings, not as a post-process in warp-mode) thanks by the way: a great future killer-feature for me is to have the possibility to relate 2 totally different paintpatches to nibs, so I was able to paint at the same time with: my dirty twinNib, my black shadowNib, the good ghostNib, and that freaky imitaorNib, etc... got a lot of ideas, when I'm thinking about it...

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The multipen nib index is available as a modulator in many parts of the paint synthesizer. So you can modulate the color of the nib for example, so something like my black shadow nib you could do in 3.5.

This whole concept is expanded even more in upcoming version 4.

As far as interactive kaleidoscope, do you want the second nib to mirror the actual path you are drawing with the first nib reflected in some way? Multipens modulate off of the path you are drawing, they don't reflect the path off some reflection plane. I'll think about what you're asking for.
    • As far as interactive kaleidoscope, do you want the second nib to mirror the actual path you are drawing with the first nib reflected in some way?
      yes, this was the idea
  • i am a bit lost here, where will I find 'my black shadow nib?'
    • Look at the very first preset called 'A Gradient Brush' that comes up in the Default : General paint synthesizer presets. There is actually a nib modulated gradient going on in that preset. Goto the paint color modulate control panel, and you will see the the path gradient modulator is set to Multipen Nib. Try setting the Gradient End to Black and the Strength to 100%.

Like i said, Multipen Nib is used as a modulator for lots of different parameters in the paint synth.
      • thanks, I can see now.
This reply was deleted.

This forum closing - my attempt to keep things going

Hi Guys,So I have setup a forum here:http://www.sawberry.com/bbs/It links to the archive stuff. Plus allows posting on the threads which mirror the threads here.In a few days this forum will close so this is my attempt to keep things archived and also allow the community to continue.The way it is setup makes it difficult to search but i'm working on that in the meantime. The basic is to preserve the knowledge from this site and search will come later just i have a day job also so I can only get…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson 2 hours ago