Preset question

Hi, I stored the some presets here: SA folder: Preset folder>Paint Styles>Dee's presets> 15 presets When accessing them, these are 2 possible routes: Presets>Paint Synth>User>Dee's presets Presets>Paint Synth>Paint Styles>Dee's presets 3 are history presets and 10 out of 15 show up on the icon panel, one in limbo. Why aren't all visible on the panel and why is the first one white? (see image) Have I placed them in too many places? How can I sort this out and remove the white icon as well? Should I just delete it from the folder in the SA application? The first white icon was originally another version of the blue arches you see, and when I tried to update it, the icon turned white (the image disappeared). Am having other issues with presets, but won't get into that now. Hopefully, will be able to sort them out, once I get this issue squared away. Thanks!

Picture 2.png

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The icon could be white because you didn't have anything on the canvas when you saved it? You can run the edit : preset : update current preset icon to put a new icon in the current preset, it will use whatever is on the canvas when you run that menu command.

You actually have the preset browser set to paseq presets, so only paseq presets would show up. If you had paint presets in the PASeq/User/Dees Presets folder they would not display.

The path names you mention in your post above are in the Preset folder which stores paint synthesizer presets. Pages 30-32 in the Studio Artist 3.5 User Guide discuss the preset folder hierarchies.
  • I placed them in appropriate folders, but the patches don't show up under the category. Moving them to different areas i.e. default,2,0 coll, 3.0 coll, 3.5 coll, paint styles, specialty, user, but they only show up under "user." However, it is only the title which shows, but none of the patches. . It seems to take on the icon of whatever previous patch I click on. See image #1 where icon title is that of a cd-patch. Also when I click on category or patch, the titles disappear. See #2 for original set up, then #3 for disappearance of the word "general". "a gradient brush" also disappears when clicking on it.

The issue appears to be compounding itself. I am now losing access to patches that are greyed out but were once available. On #4 there used to be 2 other patches available, but now they are greyed out and only the latest one I entered is available. :-(
    • One thing to be aware of is the kind of preset you have and where you are putting it. In your original post you were talking about paint presets i think but the picture you posted showed the preset browser looking at PASeq presets. So if you put paseq presets in a paint preset folder or vice versa it's not going to be be to read them properly.

The other thing to be aware of is that the folder hierarchy goes 'main preset folder' - 'collection folder' - 'category folder' . Individual preset files need to be in category folders. And category folders need to be in a collection folder. Loose presets in a collection folder will not show up in the preset browser. And presets of a wrong type in a category folder will not show up in the browser as well.

The current preset icon will stay the same as the last display if you move to a category folder that doesn't contain any of the proper type of preset files. That looks like what is going on in the pictures.
      • I believe I tried every combination possible as mentioned in paragraph 2, but I shall go back to the drawing board....I need to nail this. Thanks for the input.
        • You can drag and drop individual preset files on the studio artist icon in the main Dock area as a way to manually load presets. Or you can also use the file : import menus for the various preset types. So you might want to try working with individual presets loading them from the finder via drag and drop if there is some confusion about what kind of preset you put in a particular folder.
This reply was deleted.

This forum closing - my attempt to keep things going

Hi Guys,So I have setup a forum here:http://www.sawberry.com/bbs/It links to the archive stuff. Plus allows posting on the threads which mirror the threads here.In a few days this forum will close so this is my attempt to keep things archived and also allow the community to continue.The way it is setup makes it difficult to search but i'm working on that in the meantime. The basic is to preserve the knowledge from this site and search will come later just i have a day job also so I can only get…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson 3 hours ago