Hi guys, I was hoping somebody could help me here. I've been using this great program for a couple of months now, with no problems, and was having a blast. But then, just recently, I installed Leopard, and now I can't process movie files with paint action sequence anymore! Studio Artist still works fine on still images and such, and it still works the same as it used to when I load a movie to the canvas, and then create an action sequence. The problem arises when I try to apply that sequence to a movie file.... the first frame paints well, but then as soon as it finishes, before it goes to the next frame, studio artist always crashes! I don't know why.... I haven't been doing anything differently, or changed any settings since upgrading. I would truly appreciate any help! Thank you! here are the first couple of lines of the problem details in the error report: Process: Studio Artist™ 3.5 OSX [381] Path: /Applications/Studio Artist™ 3.5/Studio Artist™ 3.5 OSX Identifier: Studio Artist™ 3.5 OSX Version: ??? (55607296) Code Type: PPC (Translated) Parent Process: launchd [84] Date/Time: 2008-03-11 21:08:14.473 -0700 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C31) Report Version: 6 Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000 Crashed Thread: 0

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also tried a reinstall of studio artist to no avail. The movies are processing in animation codec, if that is relevant.
  • oh but it seems if i paint the movie file to images it still works... it only crashes when i try to make it into a movie. I guess as workaround could be compiling the separate images in another program, but i'd rather not. B)
    • My guess is you have bad movie compression preferences. It's easy to fix. Startup studio artist, then go to the file : preferences : movie compression preferences menu. Change all of the settings, even if you just change them and change them back. then quit studio artist. then restart studio artist. this should fix it.

When you change quicktime versions this happens sometimes. the symptom is a crash when the first frame of a movie tries to get written to disk, and the crash is actually happening in quicktime as opposed to studio artists code. resetting the movie compression preferences fixes the problem.
      • yup this seems to work, I just changed it to dvntsc (which is what I want to work with for my current project anyway), then flipped all the settings. Thanks a ton! Its weird a reinstall didn't fix this, but whatever.
        • Reinstalling studio artist is just a folder drag. So that doesn't change any old studio artist settings preferences you may have in /users/yourname/Library/Preferences. The movie compression preferences settings are stored in the StudioArtistSettings file in that directory. If you manually tossed that file in the trash then when you ran studio artist is would rebuild the settings from the default workspace preset contained in the studio artist folder.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13