processing speed with multiple processors

Hi all, I read on the site that the new version (3.5) would take advantage of multiple processors does anyone have experience of this? The demo uses about 45% of existing processor output making me think that it only uses one processor. Is there a way to engage the other one (I have a dual G5 mac). I have always felt that 3.0 is rather slow, but maybe that's the way it was intended? Thanksful for any insight. Sincerely, Fredrik

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It depends on what you are doing. The basic paint synth engine does not thread. But depending on what you are doing in it, some internal components might thread (some ip brush load options for example). Some msg processors thread, some image processing operations thread, warps and morphs thread, vectorizer, etc. Any of those operations will take advantage of both processors. 3.5 has more internal operations that thread than 3.0, we're always increasing them over time. Try an area rank filter in image operations for example.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13