Compositing Issues

Just some problems I am having with compositing: New source images brought in to an existing image are resized to the existing canvas but I want the images at the original size. Selections which are cut and paste are converted to rectangles rather than the selection method used to make the selection such as ellipse or lasso and there is no feathering. The Canvas:Arrangement panel does not allow typing in the value boxes.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can use content keyframes if you want to associated an image with a specific layer. The content keyframed image is not resized. A layers content is reset whenever a frame advances when processing, so this may or may not be what you want. You other option is to use source keyframe to associate specific source images with specific layers. And resize the layers to match the individual source sizes.

When you cut and paste a selection to make a new layer the alpha channel for the new layer is set accordingly. If you have alpha view turned off then you will see a rectangle for the new layer. If alpha view is turned on then you will see the selected area of the new layer masked by the alpha for the layer.

You can use canvas : layer commands : resize current layer menu to bring up a dialog to type in specific sizes for a layer.
    • Thanks - the source keyframe works for me with the canvas resize menu command.

All these help with my compositing in Studio Artist which is something I had avoided.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13