Movie Processing Problem

SUBJECT: Movie Processing Problem Last night and today I tried a number of times to process a short 5 sec video in SA 3.5- each time it starts on and seems to complete the first frame and then SA just quits. This happened a number of times. I then tried to procees images in a folder, again after it completed the first image it kept quitting. I have processed video and still images before, on this machine and I don't know how to fix the problem. Need help. Rondan

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It might be the movie compression settings - if they are set too high - SA will just quit out. Tone the compression down to something reasonable - this might help.
    • Which compression setting. Do you mean drop from 10 fps to 8 fps? What is reasonable?

Thanks,

Ron
      • under :
        file/preferences/movie compression.

It could be set to 'animation' or none' - you may want to set it at a lower compression setting for creation of a smaller file. Someting like h.264 may be better. I am not really sure whicj setting is better for you - this was a setting I needed to adjust on my end to avoid crashing
  • I had a problem with SA crashing on me while painting and I threw out the Preferences and that seemed to have fixed it. Not sure what caused the crash to happen in the first place, but all is well now.

b
    • How do you throw out the preferences? Which ones.

Thanks,

Rondan
  • I think you just need to reset your Studio Artist movie compression preferences. Start up Studio Artist, go to the file : preferences : movie compression preferences dialog, then change all the settings, even if you just change them and change them back. Then quit Studio Artist and then restart Studio Artist.

The issue is that sometimes after a Quicktime or OS upgrade the stored movie compression preference settings become invalid. Quicktime can't deal with invalid compression settings and the crash comes from Quicktime when Studio Artist attempts to write out the first frame of the processed movie.
    • Thanks John.
      I followed your advice and I was able to process a movie.

Rondan
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13