Questions

Is their a way to: Auto rotoscope a movie, automatically changing, the effect or PAS, every so many frames? Batch process x number of frames (not all) of a movie? To deconstruct an image, stroke by stroke from finished image back to white canvas? I notice that most of the videos on this site have multiple effects- are you doing that manually frame by frame or by some other automated process? Rondan

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can keyframe your PASeq, so you can interpolate the parameters associated with a given PAseq action step over time. And you can add mute keyframes, so you can mute or turn off certain PASeq steps at given frame times.

You can use the in and out checkboxes in the source movie area to constrain the movie stream PASeq processing to a certain frame range. It's probably just as easy to copy and paste sections of a movie in the quicktime player or the nonlinear editor of your choice and process separate pieces of the movie with different PASeqs.

Some of the movies on this site were made with the autowrite movie stream features. With that feature, you could start a movie stream and then paint manually or auto paint in the the open movie stream, changing presets as you go within one open movie stream.

Reversing the frames of the movie in a nonlinear editor is one approach to deconstructing the image. Or you could record the bezier paths of an auto paint step, and then use keyframes to put the finished bezier strokes for the painting at the first frame and no strokes at the end frame of a paseq step that encapsulates the bezier paths using the internal bezier path memory in the paint synthesizer. (i should probably post a tutorial for this one).
    • John, It would be a great help to me and I am sure others to post a tut for your movie stream usage.
      Thank you in advance!
    • Can you point me to movies or other tutorials for paragraph one above and the first sentence of paragraph two?

Regarding the copy and paste method- do I need to update to the pro version of QT player?
      Once I copy a movie section do I paste it into a separate folder and import from that folder into SA?

After I have processed the various sections of the movie how do I put them back together into a smoothly running movie; QT player, SA or Imovie?

Thanks,

Rondan
      • There should be some tutorials on disk#2 that address keyframing. Thre are also one or more tutorials on movie stream autowrite on disk #2. The tutorial guide pdf lists all the tutorials and a description of what they cover.

Dave Nagel did a tutorial on Studio Artist's movie stream auto write on www.creativemac.com at some point in time, so you could hunt that down.

You option click a keyframe cell to add a new keyframe at that location. Holding down the m key and then option clicking a keyframe cell will add a mute keyframe.

You do need quicktime player pro to do movie edits like copy and paste, delete frames, etc.

You could use quicktime player pro or imovie or final cut to piece together processed sections of different quicktime movies into one movie. If you aren't doing anything fancy quicktime player pro works just fine. If you want to do crossfades or transitions then you need imovie or final cut.
        • Believe it or not I spent the last several days reviewing all of the tutorials on Disk#2, and doing the exercises.

I was aware of the concept of option clicking a key frame and option click M, but the process is not really clear to me yet.

For me, and I suspect others, it would be great if the next version of SA has a written video transcript to accompany each video tutorial- to refer back to.

I guess I need to review Disk #2 again.

Rondan
          • you have to watch them over and over again. i had to watch them while i made a video at first. i recorded some things with the memory buttons but i don't know how to play them back. do you? because of one of your questions i figured out i could do with a movie stream what i was doing much quicker than with a loaded canvas movie.
            • Sorry,I have never taken advantage of the memory buttons.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13