Replies

• i have the shooting stars and fun pack under the general/default category. if you don't put them in the right category they don't show up. i occasionally have presets that don't show up no matter where i put them and i don't really understand it. i don't have toolbox so i may have had trouble with that one.
  • You can always drag and drop presets on the studio artist icon in the finder or in the dock and load them that way. Or run the file import menu to import a paint preset.

If you want them to show up in the preset browser, you need to make sure you put them in the right place in the finder hierarchy.

Here's some info from the studio artist user guide pdf on presets:

Presets are predefined patches stored as files on your hard disk. You
    can organize your presets according to Collection, Category and Patch
    names within a Category. The Patch name is the name of the preset
    file located on disk. The Category name is the name of a subfolder in
    a particular Collection folder and its associated Patch files are located
    within the subfolder.

Collections provide a means to organize a set of Categories and their
    associated Presets. The Collection name is the name of a folder at the
    top level within a particular preset folder and its associated Category
    are folder names located within it.

Collections are the first level of folders located within the Preset folder.
    Categories are the second level of folders located within each Collec-
    tion folder.

Don't store loose presets directly in a collection folder, store them in a specific
    category folder located within a given collection folder or they will not be
    found by Studio Artist. The exception to this rule are loose presets at the top
    level in the Preset folder itself, which will appear in the automatically gener-
    ated General category in the first Collection.
    • thanks, i had no idea you could drag and drop to the icon. do they just go where they're supposed to go?
      • They load as imported presets. They don't go to anywhere in the preset folder hierarchy, they just import. It's like running a file : import menu on the preset file.

You can just double click them as well and they load and studio artist will start up if not running, but if you have multiple versions of the studio artist application on your hard disk it's unclear which one will start up to open it.
        • Thanks a bunch. I will get the hang of this thing yet. Everything is working now.
          Richard
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13