More Regionalize questions

I have been playing with regionalize painting first using some of the region painter presets and more productively creating selective auto regions and then painting inside those regions. I am having difficulty finding the proper Image Op that will produce the region I now want to experiment with. My method is to simplify an image with simplify, blurs, Color simplify, threshholds adjustments, smart contrasts, stuff like that to generate a region to a tonality that I want to paint within. Now I want to separate the simplified sections based on Hue to get to a region. I am not being very successful at finding the Image Op that can start me towards Hue separations that can then be processed with thresholds, or what ever, to a region. Any suggestions where to look? Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So am I allowed to answer my own question?
    I have been playing with the "Simplify" Image Op and getting somewhere. Set colour space to RGB, IP to Source Image Canvas compensation to "Threshold canvas and effect". This one seems to get me close to where I want to go, especially when I choose Lum for the effect.
    The big hint is I select a colour from the Image with the picker and play with the saturation slider of the chosen colour in the fixed colour window. I then option click the colour into colour mem 1 and clear the canvas to colour mem 1, then action. Varying the saturation slider of the colour I select from the image has a great deal to do with where the crossover on the threshold happens. Then by adding repetitions to the IP OP, or reapplying the effect in BW colour space, I can get a nice hue related selection that I can then set as a region under the "Replace Region Selection" in the canvas compensation.
    Threshold IP OP was doing similar things for me but because that IP OP has more controls it is harder to understand all the variables needed to get me to the effect.
    Pays to be persistent with experimenting.
  • If you just want to create mattes from certain colored areas or certain hues you could try the Selective Color Matte IMage Operation.
  • Yes JohnD that is what I wanted. So easy, thanks. I knew it was in there somewhere but just didn't trip across it.

Thanks
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13