Importing Photos of Different Sizes

When I open a new photo that is smaller than the canvas size, Studio Artist stretches (and distorts it) it so that it fits the canvas size. I have been able to work around this by either enlarging the photo to fit the canvas or by adding background in photoshop to fit the canvas size. Or, though I have not done this, possibly by changing the canvas size on a layer. I have been wondering if it were possible to create an option so that one can import photos without having to be concerned about this issue. Thanks, Paul

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can run the 'New Source Image and Canvas' file menu and don't change the aspect ratio when you define the dimensions of the new canvas. Or you could run import image as new canvas. In both cases you are deleting your existing canvas and starting over.

If you just load a new source it's going to adjust to fit the current layer. So, if you want to use multiple source images that are different aspect ratios in one overall canvas, and maintaining the aspect ratio of each one is important to you, then you should associated the individual source images with individual layers, where each layer is sized to preserve the aspect ratio of its associated source image.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13