Path of missing source image?

I have a folder with paintings done in SA over the last ten years or so. Maybe I'm off a year or two. Anyway, because I've had a number of Macs over that time and my folders may be on a different volume name, SA painting sessions that I did years ago when opened today do not show the source image that they were originally set up with. I see just a blank area where the source image would normally be shown. I know it is trivial to re-link the file--if you know what it is. Unfortunately I'd be lucky if I could remember anything I was doing ten years ago to the day. The main thing I would like to do in those cases is have some kind of readout like Adobe Photoshop's links palette which shows me the file name and path that SA stored with that painting session. Is there a command to do this? If not, can it be a feature request? be

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's not there now but it is a good feature request so we've added it to the suggestions for version 4.
    • Thank you!

One wrinkle on this subject is what happens when you change the source image mid-session? Does the session record know that the source image changed and keep both file paths?

be
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13