Process Movie Settings

I did first serious tests with the task Proscess Source Movie with a Paint Action Sequence. The snippet of video I used was set to 15 frames per second and I cut it down to 2 seconds. Means I had 30 frames. When I let the source movie ran through the final quick time movie was an animated 30 frame long file. Fine. Then I tried to skip frames. Therefor I used the Process Movie Settings window. I choosed a different numbers to skip. When I typed in 1, I wasn't able to open any video files anymore. When I choosed 2 the final QT file had 10 frames and when I choosed 3 my QT movie had 7 frames. Maybe I have an error in reasoning but right now I don't understand. What kind of coefficient is that. And just for example what do I have to choose to skip every second frames, that my final movie has a length of 15 frames? One more problem. I changed the timing in the Process Movie Settings into Preferences FPS and then moved tp the Preferences then Movie Compression. When the Compression Settings were set to Animation I got a decompressed Animation QT file as an final movie in whatever frame rate I set up before. When I changed the Compression type into DV (PAL or NTSC it doesn't matter) I get some more option to click in the Compressor (Scan Mode and Aspect Ratio). Whatever I choose over there SA doesn't hold this settings. For example I choosed DV-PAL, 25 frames per second, Interlaced, 16:9. I hit OK. Then immediately I moved back to the same window. What happend is SA was holding the frame rate (whichever I had chosen) but the scan mode and the aspect ratio always skips back to the presettings (interlaced and 16:9). Why is this?

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• it's a little confusing, you specify how many frames to skip for every one processed. if you have 30 frames of video and you skip 2 frames for every 1 processed then you would have 10 frames processed.

typing a number into the skip frames field of the process movie settings dialog would not change anything associated with a find file dialog?

i'll take a look at the compression settings.
    • Hi John,

for me it's a little confusing too :-)

Let's try to clear it up with an example. If I have a movie file with 100 frames and I want to skip every second frame to bring it down to 50 frames, what do I have to type into the "Source Frame to Skip" field in the "Process Movie Settings" window?

Thanks
      • You would want to skip 1 frame for every frame you process, so you would type in 1 to the "Source Frame to Skip" field.
        • Thanks John, now I got it. I understand the pattern or plan behind it. I'll give it a try.
          • Perfect it works! Funny though, because as I wrote last time when I typed in 1 I couldn't chose any movie file anymore. But maybe accidentally I did any kind of rubbish!?

But coming back to my first writing, there is still this issue that SA doesn't keep the Scan Mode and Aspect Ratio seetings in the Compression settings window.

Thanks in advance.
            Frank
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13