Imovie 08 issue?

I used SA movie stream to make a video showing several painting transitions using paths. I then imported the movie into Imovie 08 so that I could add music. I replayed it in IM 08 and when I was satisfied I exported the movie to itunes, elsewhere in my computer and youtube. To my dismay, only the audio exported in each instance, not the video. I could not think of anything else to do in IM 08 so I finally imported the original non sound movie into IM 06, where I was after some time able to redo the video with sound. When I exported that video, everything exported. Is their an issue between SA 3.5 and IM 08? Is their a particular step or trick to exporting the video and music from IM 08? Any suggestions? Rondan

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• iMovie 8 has the reputation of being particularly brain-dead and buggy. I don't think the problem has anything to do with Studio Artist, especially if you could see the movie in iMovie 8 and only after you exported did you have a problem. Of course feel free to speak up if you feel that is not the case.

iMovie 8 might have issues with certain compression codecs? You could try some experiments where you use quicktime player to export your processed movie with different codecs and then try those in iMovie8 and see what happens.

Or the bug could be in iMovie export functionality. I guess checking forums online might turn up something about that if it is a problem.
    • i just got a macbook pro after my laptop went up in smoke, literally, and sa is working fine except for the live video previews. i have lost photoshop elements and have not tried iMovie 08 yet. rondan,do you have iMovie 6? it is available free for purchasers of iMovie 8 because iMovie 8 got so many complaints and removed elements from IMovie that people liked very much such as themes and using 3rd party plug-ins. i can't seem to get quicktime in either safari or firefox (safari is on and off with playing video) and i lost quicktime pro as well. would appreciate any tips....finally i have sa back though, was going through withdrawals. rondan, i'm so happy to see you posting video. didn't watch it yet because i wanted to respond to this issue. john, i loved the new abstract work you posted and would be so excited if you added abstract motion effects you mentioned previously.
      • i forgot i can't watch it because qt isn't working...
      • The live video preview in iSight source mode is flaky on intel macs. It does not work for me on my macbook pro but i watched it work fine at siggraph on Michael Wright's macbook pro. But other than that 3.5 runs fine on the intel machines. You can still do the video captures, it's just the preview that is flaky.
        • Thanks for your thoughts John. Mine is not an intel mac.

In retrospect, since IM 06 had no problem with the video export I tend to think it is an IM 08 issue and not an SA issue.

Rondan
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13