Replies

• 3697309870?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Maybe start here : 

https://synthetik.com/simulating-pouring-paint/

• Yeah, thanks for pointing this one out. There was a whole folder of stuff i posted for this topic years ago, which should be in forum archives some where. Also, older wet ink presets would be a good place to look. 

• thanks! I will check it out. 

• Seems like there are a lot of ways.

I am sure there are some experts with the tools in SA that can suggest more options.

I like doing some hand painting with Paint Synth Presets.

The package here has a few that sort of address the effect and some that don’t but are fun and a good place to start editing:

https://studioartist.ning.com/group/coolpresetsharinggroup/forum/top...

The zip contains several start point Paint Synth Presets 

These were built to be used with a source image.

Another hands on option:

Warp/Rotate Local.  Adjust settings to taste and draw.

Several other warp effects can be useful as well.

• Awesome. I downloaded the presets and am going to try them today! 

• I updated the presets with more:

CD_hdmedia_additions_21.zip

None of this set really do the full liquid spreading that you may be looking for - but they are fun to play with. I made them as effects coming from hand drawing/spreading... No auto button type things.

I also poked around in old SA presets.

You will find in SA 2.0 collections and 3.0 that there are some nice spreading effects like:

3.0 collection/Liquids/LiquidFlower1

Look for Liquids folders

It would be great to see what you create with the spreading liquids! Luck! 

• Thanks! Where would I find the old 2 and 3 presets? I only can find the presets for 4.

• HI Craig,
          Not exactly liquid, but here's one I just finished that is going to be made into prints.3717232642?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Made with SA?! Very wild! Well done!

: )

The 2.0 and 3.0 collections I have may be from older installs - or they may be available as downloads from the Synthetik site. I am uncertain where I got them from... Other than I have had versions of SA from 2000-ish on and stacks of old presets.

A search in this Ning forum might turn up where those collections could be found.

This reply was deleted.