Replies

• I asked this from AUTOGPT please do it yourself cause I have talked to this chatbot before and it knows my interests, it might have answered my question about the software with bias.;

Embarking on a new goal:
      STUDY AND ANALYZE THIS SOFTWARE (STUDIO ARTIST):

https://synthetik.com/studio-artist-features-overview/
      https://synthetik.com/new-features/

THE DEVELOPER HAS SAID: Studio Artist can do a ton of things, but it can be sometimes not obvious to us here what specific features in that vast array of potential features people tend to focus on. Manual painting? Assisted painting? Fully automatic painting? Video processing. Image manipulation? Abstract vs representational art? Vector output? Photo mosaics? Cellular automata? Gallery show? etc, etc, etc. CAN U HELP him AND SUGGEST SOME SUGGESTIONS?

Executing "Identify the top 3 most popular and widely used features of Studio Artist among its users."
      After studying and analyzing Studio Artist, the top 3 most popular and widely used features among its users are:

Fully automatic painting - This feature allows users to create unique and artistic images with a single click. It uses advanced algorithms to generate abstract or representational art automatically, without any manual intervention.

Assisted painting - This feature combines the best of manual and automatic painting. It provides a range of intelligent brushes, tools, and effects that help users to create stunning artwork with ease. It also has the ability to learn from user input and preferences, making the painting process more personalized and efficient.

Video processing - Studio Artist has powerful video processing capabilities that allow users to apply various filters, effects, and transformations to videos. This feature is especially useful for creating visual art, music videos, and experimental films.

These features are highly valued by Studio Artist users and can help the software stay relevant in the future market, as they cater to the growing demand for automation, creativity, and interactivity in digital art. In addition, Studio Artist can further improve its AI generators, stable diffusion programs, and vector output capabilities to enhance the user experience and expand its potential applications.

Added task:Investigate the potential for improving Studio Artist's AI generators and stable diffusion programs to enhance its fully automatic painting and assisted painting features. This may involve exploring new algorithms and techniques for generating abstract or representational art, as well as improving the software's ability to learn from user input and preferences.
      Added task:Explore the feasibility of adding new features for self-animation, vector SVG, and NFT creation to Studio Artist, and provide a detailed analysis of the resources and costs required for such development. This may involve researching the latest trends and demands in digital art and animation, as well as assessing the competition in the market.
      Added task:Conduct market research to identify potential niches or untapped markets for Studio Artist, and suggest new features or enhancements that can help the software gain a competitive edge. This may involve analyzing user feedback and reviews, as well as studying the latest innovations and trends in image and video processing software with AI generators.

Executing "Analyze the current market trends and demands for image and video processing software with AI generators, and suggest potential improvements or additions to the software that can meet those demands."

After analyzing the current market trends and demands for image and video processing software with AI generators, there is a high demand for programs that can produce unique and customizable results. In order to meet these demands, potential improvements or additions to Studio Artist could include:

Integration with popular social media platforms - This would allow users to easily share their creations on social media, increasing the visibility of the software and expanding its user base.

More advanced AI algorithms - By incorporating more advanced AI algorithms, the software can create more complex and unique designs. This can include the use of generative adversarial networks (GANs) for creating realistic images or neural style transfer for creating artistic effects.

Customizable presets - Users want the ability to customize presets to create unique designs without the need for extensive knowledge of image processing. By providing customizable presets, users can quickly create new designs while still maintaining control over the final result.

Improved user interface - A more intuitive and user-friendly interface can attract users who may not be familiar with image processing software. This can lead to an increase in the user base and wider adoption of the software.

By implementing these improvements or additions, Studio Artist can differentiate itself from other image and video processing software with AI generators and attract more users, particularly those interested in creating unique and customizable designs for social media, NFTs, or personal projects.

Added task:Investigate the technical feasibility, cost, and resources required to implement the suggested improvements or additions to Studio Artist, including integration with social media platforms, advanced AI algorithms, customizable presets, integration with NFT marketplaces, and an improved user interface.

Executing "Investigate the feasibility and potential benefits of adding features for self-animation, vector SVG, and NFT creation to Studio Artist, and provide a report on the cost and resources required for such development."

After studying and analyzing Studio Artist, I have found that it already has several features that can be useful for self-animation, vector SVG, and NFT creation. However, there is certainly room for improvement and the addition of new features to cater to these specific needs.

For self-animation, Studio Artist's automatic keyframing and evolved paint animation features can be utilized to create dynamic animations. Adding more advanced animation tools such as rigging and motion graphics could further enhance the software's capabilities in this area.

For vector SVG creation, Studio Artist already has several vector output options such as PDF, EPS and SVG. However, the addition of more advanced manipulation tools such as path editing and stroke width variation and auto line draw can help artists create more intricate vector designs.

Overall, Studio Artist has a strong foundation for self-animation, vector SVG and NFT creation, and can certainly benefit from the addition of more advanced features in these areas.

Studio Artist Features Overview
      [vc_row type=”vc_default” full_width=”stretch_row” css=”.vc_custom_1617842279366{background-color: #45a7a7 !important;}”][vc_column][vc_raw_js]JTNDc2…
    • I am using SA 99% of the time as a manual painting tool. I have been focusing most of my recent work on vector painting. Most of what is below relates to vector output.

The image attached is a "sketch" using several vector based Paint Synth Presets. The wet mix of the vectors is unlike any other art applications effects. Fantastic. But SUPER complex and hard to get a faithful recording of - for replay. 

11037505495?profile=RESIZE_930x

If I were to ask for anything that could enhance the experience/output within the existing application:

Make a replay of a recorded PASeq (or history) play back verbatim. I think this has been discussed as a possibility in the past. If playback could faithfully recreate what I see in a finished “painting” - it would take away some of the pressure of saving (Save Canvas as) images as the only faithful version of what I painted.

Look into replay of Autodraw MultiPen strokes being more faithful to the density and mixing I see when directly painting the canvas. Replay is missing something. Wether it is missing pressure input or other… Replay doesn’t always recreate the look of the original stroke.

Open up options for export of a PASEQ or History in chunks. Exporting a complex vector painting to SVG has to be limited to a certain amount of vectors… As a work around for exporting hyper complex SVG  images I can turn off (mute) portions of a PAS or history and export - then try to composit the several exports in other applications. Being able to easily arrange sections of a PASeq or History as discrete “collections” that could be output independently would be super useful.

No light requests ; )

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/11037505495?profile=original
      • Thanks for these suggestions.  They are all great ideas for potential enhancements correlated to your manual painting workflow using the program.

There are some new options in our working next version code associated with PASeq playback that help out with the 'playback verbatim' feature you are looking for.  There was a lot of work under the hood with how the various random number and procedural texture generators associated with the paint synthesizer work to help pull it off.

You can also use a new check box option in the PASeq Editor to turn on or off svg generation for individual action steps.

• Thats a question, I've often had... How exactly would a, verbatim playback, work, given all the parameters, in all the SRCes,  that have random values? I'm betting that's a really tough ask.

• It's a mega-ask! I won't keel over and die (more than once anyway) if it's too hard to accomplish. Desktop CPUs have got powerful enough to make bigger sized files. If I have to - I can plan ahead for generating art in the first working file. The tempting possibilities of recording and replaying does make me dream tho.
            If I were to ask for more fidelity in replay in any one parameter in the Paint Synth - it would be making results of recorded painting with Autodraw MultiPen replay more accturately when outputting from a PASeq to a the canvas or SVG file. It might even be with just vector based paint synth presets, specifically. That particular mix, pen mode (Autodraw MultiPen) and vector based presets is very powerful.

• Hi,

I use Studio Artist now exclusively in live performances. I have never been able to do that with 5.5, so I've never used it and it was a waste of money for me. I use a two monitor setting where I have the canvas in full screen mode on one, and all the toolbars on the other, with an empty space in the middle where I have my source images in the Finder so that I can drag them onto the SA source image. So basically I need:
      - Reliable full screen mode on one monitor, with a black background in case my image does not fill the screen, and a hidden cursor that will stay hidden (it doesn't in 5.5)
      - Normal mode on the other monitor where I can see the Finder window behind the toolbars and a visible cursor

I do hope the next version will have that, but in any case this time I won't buy it blindly before thoroughly testing it.

Florence

• I just ran a quick test in V5.5 with the Full Screen Cursor and Background preferences options set to Hide the cursor and a Black Background.  It seems to be working fine for me.  I can draw on the screen without a cursor shopwing up, and i have a black background

What about your setup is different i wonder?  Are you on mac or windows, what os version?  And does the hidden cursor work fine until you do something specific, and then it shows up, or?

• Hi, I'm using a MacBook Pro with Catalina. When I start the session and go to full screen mode the cursor does disappear, but each time I select a new paint preset (which involves navigating to my other monitor, where all the floaters are), when I go back to the canvas the cursor is visible again. It disappears when I mouse down and start painting. I am using a Wacom tablet. The person I talked to in your support team seemed to think that was a factor.

• When i run the test here as you describe, after selecting a new paint preset in the preset browser using the cursor, the cursor vanishes as soon as the mouse enters the screen area associated with the canvas.  I don't have to mouse down in the canvas for the cursor to vanish, it vanishes as soon as the cursor enters the screen area associated with the canvas.

Is the issue for you that the cursor appears in the black background area beyond the canvas?  Or are you seeing something different than i am seeing in my test here?

• I just sent you a private message to avoid cluttering the forum.

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13