Please i'm working on a project using one of the regionization preset and i want the region i draw to be filled with the part of the image brush that best match or suits the source image. I'm using image folder brush and anytime i draw the region to be filled with the brush, it will be filled with parts that i dont want.

Then again i'm using RGB Mapping under the Brush control panel.

Could you please help me out.

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please thanks for the response. John, please I know how to achieve sub-nesting of mosaic tiles using the path start and path application control panels of the paint synthesizer.

I once asked a question on how to achieve bi-level color/shape (Trying to take into account localized statistical arrangement and match that up between the source image and localized components of the individual movie frame or images. ). We arrived that the old art mapper application can create this effect.

So with your help I was able to get the old msg evolver application where I tried the art mapper effect and it worked perfectly.

The effect is clearly seen at the edges of the source image. The applied brush is positioned according to the color/tonal flow of the source image (Sent a portion of the results yesterday.)

But I realized that manual painting is not possible in evolver, so my main question is, is there a way, if possible to achieve the effect I had in evolver using paint synthesizer with movie brush or image folder brush of the same images I used in the photo database.  Not that I have not tried the tips you explained, I tried them but the brush only represent one color within the source image as oppose to tonal variations within the source image.

Again I have seen this effect (bi-level color/shape) in Tsevis works.

V5 has additional path start regionizers that do generate sub-nested rectangles as an alternative to multiple passes using fixed tiling at 50% reduced sizes that are discussed in the article links i pointed you at. I'm talking about the Split Regionize options.

The are sub-dividing the canvas based on the H Tile and V Tile parameter settings. The Max Stroke setting is going to determine the amount of detail (increased sub-division).

Note that this sub-division is based on the canvas size. So if you set H Tile and V Tile to 5, then there will me 5 horizontal tiles, and 5 vertical tiles for the main sub division. Everything else will be internal to those original tilings.

Image brush images will be sized to fit inside of these tiles (like how all path start regionization regions are filled). So your original image brush size and aspect ratio can be changed by this.

if you work through the calculations, you could build your canvas size so that the sub division of the original main tiling matches your image brush aspect ratio. So then any resizing of the brush to fit the generated regions will match up with your original image brush aspect ratio. 

Hi John,

I have had a critical look at the art mapper I created in SA 3.5 and it seems the tonal gradation within the source image blends with the image brush to produce this bi-level color/shape effect. What parameters can be adjusted so that the tonal gradation within source image blends with the image brush. Please help me out.

Thanks

I pointed you at links that discuss using the Brush Load control panel in the paint synthesizer to colorize the image brush. There are various colorization algorithms at the bottom of the image processing brush load control panel. So you setup the source for the brush load processing to be the brush image, then you choose the appropriate colorization algorithm, then you use the output of the Brush Load control panel as your Fill From option in the Paint Fill Setup control panel.

When you do that, you will fill with a source colorized brush image as opposed to the original brush image.

Different colorization algorithms look different, so it's worth spending some time running through them to see what they offer. The blog posts i pointed you at give examples of what some of them look like, and discuss the paint synth editing i mentioned here.

RSS

Latest Activity

Thor Johnson posted a video

Dancing Alien

A character I made in ZBrush, animated in Blender, then processed in Studio Artist with MSGs I made, and in the first section a movie brush.
3 hours ago
David Buckle posted a photo
22 hours ago
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"Thanks, I will do that, I just thought I would ask in case I was missing something."
yesterday
David Buckle posted a photo
yesterday
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I'll take a look at the session code for the future. I guess for now you could make an extra layer before you save your session file, and set it to the selection. then you would have it available when you open the session file in the extra…"
yesterday
mark g replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"I have, but my problem lies in the fact that that I can see the selection I made in my original session, but the image is no longer there outside of the selection. Which means I can't change the selection..if I do make a new selection on the…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to Nora Laiken's discussion Where Are Favorites Stored?
"If studio artist is loading it into the preset browser then the category folder and associated preset files are on your computer. You could try searching in the finder for individual preset file names in it? You might also want to check your file…"
Tuesday
Synthetik Software replied to mark g's discussion question about alpha selections when saving sessions
"Have you tried setting the selection to the current layer alpha channel after opening the session? then you could do what you were doing before you saved the session."
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service