I have gone from version 4 to version 5 on a new Windows PC. There was a fantastic Image Operations Preset called "Image Compressor" on version 4 that beautifully added contrast and intensified colors. I can find nothing like it on version 5.

Does someone still have the file for this preset for Windows?

If so, I would greatly appreciate a copy and precise instructions how to get it into version 5. I have found the existing posts describing how to get version 4 presets into version 5 to cryptic to help me.

Thanks !

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can run any V4 preset in V5.

What are you finding too cryptic about posted instructions for getting V4 presets into V5? I'm happy to explain in more detail.

All of the presets that Studio Artist uses are located inside a folder called Preset. The Preset folder is inside of your main Studio Artist 5 folder. On windows, the Studio Artist 5 folder would be located inside of the Program Files (x86) folder on your computer (Applications folder on a mac).

Here is a tip that explains the folder organization of the Preset folder.

Custom favorites categories are a good way to organize presets you use a lot. And would be an easy way to add some favorites presets you like in V4 to V5.

I attached an Image Compressor ip op preset from V4 below.

It uses the Image Compressor image operation effect. You can adjust the Image Compressor interactive controls in the Editor when in Image Operation mode.

A good starting setting would be Gain and Bias set to 50, and local adaptation set to 4 or 8.

Attachments:

Thank you! It worked. Great support.

RSS

Latest Activity

Synthetik Software commented on Bernard Bunner's photo
Thumbnail

Delaunay1

"Looks like you found some of the new SA V5.5 visual attribute modulation options in the Vectoizer. I was running randomized variations of Vectorizer parameters last night in gallery show, and it needs to have some generative preference options…"
3 hours ago
Bernard Bunner posted a photo

Delaunay1

Testing SA 5.5 Vectorizer
3 hours ago
M A X commented on M A X's photo
Thumbnail

Fliehen

"This is no SA-work! These early digital works were made by my old typography-professor alfred tilp (1932-2006)."
6 hours ago
M A X posted a photo

Fliehen

"Compugrafitty" von Alfred Tilp,2004
7 hours ago
Synthetik Software posted a photo

New GS VectorizerFeat6

This was made using a generative art strategy that only uses the Vectorizer in Studio Artist V5.5 while testing some new Vectorizer features.
21 hours ago
David Buckle commented on David Buckle's photo
Thumbnail

Stairs

"Thanks"
23 hours ago
Synthetik Software commented on Synthetik Software's photo
Thumbnail

New GS Gen Features2

"This is a really good example of how perceptual modulation of diverse sets of different paint synthesizer parameters can really tune what is happening in the canvas.  This applies to realistic painting goals, or to abstract painting…"
yesterday
Jean Detheux posted a video

Invenzione dell'Invenzione 12 from Jean Detheux on Vimeo.

Invenzione dell'Invenzione 12

On November 5, 2019, Paola Erdas (harpsichord http://www.paolaerdas.it), Marco Ambrosini (nyckelharpa http://www.ambrosini.de), Angela Ambrosini (nyckelharpa https://www.angelaambrosini.eu) and Eva-Maria Rusche (harpsichord…
yesterday

© 2021   Created by Synthetik Software.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service