Vectorizer to Path

Hi,

Can I fill the shapes I created with Vectorizer with my own images? Is there a way to do it with SA? Or is there a way to convert the shape I created with Vectorizer into a bezier path?

I've been working on it for days but couldn't find it. I would be grateful if you help me.

Thanks.

10527221298?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So the thin black lines.  Are you talking about them appearing in the paint synthesizer?

Doing the trick i discussed before in this thread where you derive the fill region in region fill as brush directly off of the actual regions generated by the path start generator as opposed to generating an outline path and then converting that outline path into the fill region is the best way to eliminate that particular problem.  You use the option where the selection buffer is set to that path start generator current region and then use the selection option for the region in region fill as brush control panel.

I can post the control panel settings again for that manual edit if needed. I should probably add a quick edit menu command for that.

If you are just talking about background show through in the vectorizer, or just in general when doing vector fills anywhere.

Add a slightly thicker rim (try 2 or 3 instead of 1 for the rim size) usually resolves that issue.

• For your second issue: ie: BrModOrientRotate

Did you setup a brush orientation modulation in the brush modulation control panel?

• Yes I did. I want to send the preset here but I don't know how to send .

10550141077?profile=RESIZE_584x

10550198663?profile=RESIZE_584x

10550199265?profile=RESIZE_584x

10550199660?profile=RESIZE_584x

• OK,  it looks like what you specifically want to do:

'rotate the internal image brush images with brush modulation orientation modulation while perfectly filling the original region shapes'

is not going to work in V5.5.

We'll look into adding what you specifically want to do to the next release as an option.

If i am mis-interpreting what you want to do let me know.

What you could do right now is to extend the number of images in your image brush to include rotation modulated versions of the original set of images. So then you would have a new image folder brush with all of the rotation variations included in it.

If you want to specifically modulate the rotation with something like source orientation, you could do that with this new set of images as well.

You would have to be a little bit smart about how you organized it (the naming), and then use 2D MB Indexing in the Brush Source control panel.

This is a little bit complex to setup, but i can run through it if you really want to do it.

1D brush indexing takes whatever you are using for your modulation of the brush index, and uses the modulation value to index into the list of different images in the brush.

2D brush indexing has 2 different modulators.

The 2D brush can be thought as a sequence of N 1D brushes.  Each of the 1D brushes is of length M.

Here's a simple example below.  N would be 3 in this example, and M would be 4.

a1-a2-a3-a4-b1-b2-b3-b4-c1-c2-c3-c4

So for this example, if you were using 2D MB Indexing in the Brush Source control panel, then the MB 2D A Dimension would be set to 4.

The MB 2D Mod A modulator would modulate from 1 to 4.

The MB 2D Mod B modulator would modulate from 1 to 3, and lets you modulate between the 3 sets of 3 indexes.

let's assume you have 4 images in your original image folder.

And you make 2 additional rotational variations of them.

Your first original images would be setup to be a1-a2-a3-a4

You then want your 2 rotation variations to be b1-b2-b3-b4 and c1-c2-c3-c4

You could set things up named appropriately to get the correct alphabetical ordering for what you want to do.

And then you could use RGB mapping for the A modulator, and however you want to do the orientation modulation for the B modulator.

• Hello again.

I will be looking forward to the new version.

Yes, I definitely want to do what you mentioned.
            ('rotate the internal image brush images with brush modulation orientation modulation while perfectly filling the original region shapes')

Let's talk about 2D MB Indexing.  I'm so glad that this can be done with V5.5, although it's complicated.

Please correct me if I misunderstood.
            I have 175 original images. And there will be 3 different variations of 175 images in addition. So I will have 700 images in total.

The naming of them
            a-image1 + a-image2 + a-image3 + a-image4
            b-image1 + b-image2 + b-image3 + b-image4
            c-image1 + c-image2 + c-image3 + c-image4
            .... I named 175 pieces this way.

a-image1 (original) + a-image2 (90 rotated) + a-image3 (180 rotated + a-image4 (270 rotated)

MB 2D Mode A: RGB Mapping
            MB 2D Mode B: Orient
            MB 2D A Dimension: 175

Did I do it right?

10560780864?profile=RESIZE_584x

• What you described seems correct.

One thing to be aware of.  You need to build your rotated images so that they fill the entire image rectangle. So you are going to have to size and position them correctly so that rotated image fills the entire new image rectangle.  If you don't do that, then you will end up with the same issue you are seeing now.

I'm in the middle of looking at the code implementation of the original way you tried to do it.

That was built with the assumption that people would be taking the outline path and rotating it as well. So then the paths for the regions would rotate, and the interior image fill would rotate to match.

However, in V5.5 we added something hidden that internally overrides the outline path for some situations (like rectangular mosaic patterns) to get better normal fills. The side effect of that is that those paths will not rotate because of this, and then the rotate the interior behavior doesn't seem to make any sense for some of the region path types.

To be honest, it didn't occur to me that people would want to rotate the internal image fill while keeping the region outline itself the same (ie: not rotating it to match).  But i can see why it might be useful.

The 2D indexing was originally implemented for movie brushes.  I have not done any extensive testing with image folder brushes with this particualr feature.  So let me know if you run into any issues, and we'll try to work through them.

You might want to run a small experiment first before doing the entire 175 image experiment.

• The internal rotation option you want is working now in the code base for the next release.

10561085499?profile=RESIZE_930x

• this is great news. I'm sure it will be useful to many users. Do you know when the new version will be released?

I'm going to work with 2D indexing for now.

thank you very much for your help!

This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13