Replies

• That's a good idea for a feature for msg in the future. Right now you can use live video or a source movie for temporal animation previews but not both in msg evolver.

You could work with multiple sources in Studio Artist, but the rendered processing is going to be out of real time.
    • Nice idea, Donna.
      John, I was wondering if it is possible to give audio-pass-through capability to Evolver for processing movies with audio the way it exists now in Studio Artist?
    • Are these used in other programs?
  • Having access to audio markers in SA would be great indeed. Having the audio pass through as we do now was a huge addition, it actually changed the way I work in SA, enabling me to do more there instead of having to go back all the time to Final Cut Pro.
    But having cue points/markers appear somehow in SA would be another great addition, I am looking forward to it.
  • Studio Artist 3.5.3 has audio pass through built in, so if you process a movie you are able to pass through the audio in the source movie to the output movie.

You mentioned being able to hear audio when you play video clips inside of studio artist. We've always been able to do that. We had a discussion on this forum awhile ago about some approaches to building visual effects to sound with the features available in 3.5.
  • I'm with you on that, I too hope we can have access to visible markers (cue points, markers, even a waveform would help a lot) instead of having to work fairy blind the way it is now.
    If we can see, while in SA, what we are doing now in relation to the audio, not "just" the audio now, but the audio before and after "now," that will cut down on the number of steps, namely back and forth between SA and FCP, I have to go through now.
    I am not so much concerned with production time as I am with maintaining the contact with the "inspiration," I know I have lost the chance to explore "good ideas" because they vanished, sinking in the depth of the plumbing that is so often necessary when working digitally.
    In all fairness, none of the other applications I use(d) come close to SA as far as enabling me to do what I am doing today.
    Just think of pre-SA days: manually draw images in Painter (for example), import in Premiere or After Effects (no FCP yet then), and back and forth, it took many times the time now required to do what we can now do, all in SA, and so often, we can now do it a lot better, and so much faster.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13