Layer

Just now I work on something with two layers. Layer 2 is enabled in the canvas window as well as in the layer-window. When I want to do an Image Operation it is always jumping back to layer 1. It is also processing layer 1 and not layer 2. What is wrong? Besides can I lock and save layers? Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Frank,

I have had that situation at times. Then I realized the SA was processing the source image, not the layer image. My workaround was to save the layer I wanted processed it and reload it under File/Open source image. You don't need to open a new layer. Just process the one you already had.
  • under Preferences > Paint Action Sequence Configuration > make sure "layer track" and "mask track" are set to On.
  • As Thorific said, if you want a PASeq to track your original layer settings during playback you need to make sure the Layer Track popup in the PASeq Configuration preferences is turned on. Otherwise all the action steps will just play back in the current layer when it is turned off.

It sounds like you have Layer Track turned on when you want it to be turned off. Since it's jumping back to another layer when you play the paseq.
This reply was deleted.