Studio Artist 4.03 Update

The Studio Artist 4.30 application update is now available for all Studio Artist 4 customers. You should receive an email from us in the next hour that contains a download link to the new Studio Artist 4.03 application file. Included in the email containing the download link are instructions for installing the new Studio Artist 4.03 application file on your computer.

The new Studio Artist 4.03 application file needs to be manually place in your existing Studio Artist 4 folder. If you try to run the application file outside of the Studio Artist 4 folder, it will not run.

The Studio Artist application uses presets and dynamic plugin libraries that are located in the main Studio Artist folder, and needs to physically reside inside of that folder in order to find those plugin dynamic libraries and presets.

If you did not receive an email from us containing your 4.03  application download link, please email techsupport AT synthetik DOT com, let us know you did not receive the 4.03 update email, and we will send you one. 

Some people have spam filters that may disable emails with links in them, so that could be why you did not get an update email from us. If that's the case you should adjust your spam filter to make sure you receive emails from us. Or it's possible that your email address has changed, or was incorrectly entered into our upgrade database. In either case, no need to worry, all Studio Artist 4 customers will have access to the 4.03 upgrade.

The 4.03 upgrade contains a number of bug fixes and workflow enhancements, as well as some new features. There are a large number of new MSG processors in the 4.03 upgrade. There's also a new paint synthesizer stretch brush type. And the anti-alias solid brush type has a number of new features.

Preset files exported with version 4.02 will probably not open in older versions of Studio Artist. So we highly suggest that everyone upgrades to version 4.03, since all of the presets distributed on the User Forum will be in 4.03 format from this point on. We've also been working on a number of new preset files, so those will be made available for everyone via download in a few days. We're still working to finish up some last minute touches on that new preset collection before we make it available to everyone, so bear with us.

By this point in time, everyone should have been running version 4.02. If you missed the 4.02 upgrade for some reason and you are a mac user, you will need to update your Studio Artist plugins folder.  We provided a new plugins folder when we sent out the 4.02 update to our mac users.  If you didn't upgrade your plugins folder when you installed the 4.02 update, or you are running a mac version older than 4.02, the 4.03 application may not run on your computer until you upgrade your plugins folder.  This applies to mac users only. Windows users can ignore this paragraph.

If the new application file does not run when you double click on it, the first thing to check is to make sure you manually placed it in your Studio Artist 4 folder before running it. Again, the new 4.03 application file will not run unless the application file is placed in your Studio Artist 4 folder. This is the most common error we see when we send out application upgrades to our users.

If the 4.03 application file is in your Studio Artist 4 folder and you are a mac user and you still get an error message when you try to run the 4.03 application, then you probably need to upgrade your plugins folder. Email tech support and we can send you a new plugins folder download. The new plugins folder will replace the older one in your main Studio Artist 4 folder.

If you have any questions about the 4.03 upgrade, or how to install it, feel free to post your questions here.

You need to be a member of Studio Artist to add comments!

Join Studio Artist

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You might need to reconfigure your workspace the first time you run the new 4.03 application file. You can manually drag the preset and editor palettes in the main Studio Artist workspace window if you need to resize them or reposition them. This will not be a problem for most people, but we did have one person who must have had a really old preference file who reported they needed to re-postion their docked palettes to position them back where they wanted them to be the first time they ran the 4.03 update.

One a similar note. If for some reason you ever end up with a PASeq palette that looks like there is no list in it, it's a similar preference issue. You just need to mouse down on the vertical positioning tab at the right side of the PASeq window, pull it left, and the PASeq list and timeline will slide into view.
  • John,

A special thanks for all you do for us. It is beyond anything I would expect. I remain grateful.

Paul
  • Thanks John!!!!
  • Thanks for update, John! Running well, including Mike's latest posted presets.
This reply was deleted.

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13