All Discussions (2059)

Sort by

wacom contest

I noticed Wacom has a contest where people can submit videos that show how to use the tablet for some application and the winners get free tablets. perhaps someone would be interested in submitting some Studio Artist tablet tutorials in the contest (

Read more…
3 Replies

recreate scratches and flicker...

hello! is there anyone here who might know, the best way to go about re-creating scratches and flicker, in order to emulate more of an older and worn out gel film? here I am, sitting and thinking what might be the best way, and this is what I got s

Read more…
5 Replies

Flicker reduction

I finally got some time to plunge into SA again this weekend and it was one of the highlights of the week for me. In looking back at some of the clips that I've created, I noticed that I'm still producing a lot of flicker. I've tried lowering the fr

Read more…
5 Replies

msg evolver:overall mix

Hello, I'd like to be able modulate the % mix of an effect created in Evolver, and would also like to use a TG to control the modulation. Is there an easy way to do this? Some module at the end of the chain which could control the mix between process

Read more…
1 Reply

feedback warp

Hello, How do I generate feedback warp frames? When I choose generate frames-> warp animation, it doesn't seem to be doing the feedback (whereas when I just click in the frames of the bez timeline I can see the feedback taking place). thanks, Michael

Read more…
2 Replies

Audio Support in Studio Artist

We're providing some limited audio support for movie processing in Studio Artist in the upcoming 3.5.3 release. That release will provide audio pass-through when processing a source movie that has an audio track associated with it. This works for the

Read more…
6 Replies

Basic question about layers

I have, what is most probably construed by all you techie gurus as an extremely basic question, but at the risk of sounding *super neophyte* I must ask it anyway. I may be missing something very elementary here, but I was painting in 2 different lay

Read more…
5 Replies

Optical Flow Based Paint

John, Random question. I was wondering if SA is capable of ingesting optical flow data and using this to drive paint strokes much how Mass Illusions used their 'Motion Paint' package to create the scenes in What Dreams May Come. SA seems to have man

Read more…
9 Replies

Great site for artists

Studio Artist users who the use software to create can unleash their creativity at Maccaca (). This site is gaining on popularity and was recently reviewed by Killer Startups as a "heaven for all artists". Create your art using Studio Artist and pos

Read more…
2 Replies

resolution in msg

i am trying to place all the resolution independent presets in a separate folder and i was wondering about resolution--if i open up the processor window, if a preset has one or more indep res components, but then lots of those that aren't, is the pre

Read more…
3 Replies

Is anybody making a copy of all the material in the Tutorials Forum

Since the Forum is going away in June, has anyone started to make a copy of all the stuff in the Tutorials forum?I've made copies of some of the tutorial material on the main site, but haven't looked at the Tutorial Forum yet.I'm going to continue copying as much as I can for my own personal use anyway, but if anyone else is doing it, or has already started doing it, please let me know.Maybe we can co-ordinate our efforts. ps can't ..... believe John, would let this happen without so much as a…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13

Studio Artist is in Italy!

I was crawling the streets of Matera, Italy today and may have discovered where SA is hiding!  (see attached photo). Not meaning to make light of this great, sad mystery. But I just couldn't resist as I try to make sense of what's happening. Losing my connection to SA, Synthetik and John has been a great sadness... and if real, ends a monumental era in my creative life. love,~Victor   

Read more…
3 Replies · Reply by Thor Johnson Apr 13